The Strengthening Families Program
Vatina, a single mom with 2 children, enrolled in the Community Based Family Program to get her life back on track and give her children a better future. After finishing the program, she returned to school and is now paying it forward as a Family Program Prevention Specialist. She is helping other families to change their course and decide their own destinies.
The Community Based Family Program helps parents and heads of household to lead their families by providing crisis intervention services and ongoing wrap-around resources. Vatina and our other specialists help families to attain their personal, family, and employment goals and ambitions by “meeting them where they are” and providing resources, encouragement and positive feedback. Our services include assistance with securing concrete needs such as food, transportation and furniture. Clients can also build practical skills through individualized resources including supportive modeling and coaching of effective parenting skills, job seeking and interviewing skills, assistance with accessing job training, ABLE/TABE/GED preparation, and college admission and financial aid, and mentoring and conflict resolution.
The education and support that the Community Based Family Program provides helps families to:
- Enjoy being together;
- Lower stress levels;
- Discover the benefits of a healthy lifestyle;
- Promote healthy communication for all family members;
- Increase personal and employment skills;
- Build healthy support systems; and
- Reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect and domestic violence.
Our services include assistance with securing concrete needs such as:
- Child support;
- Health care;
- School supplies; and
Clients can also build practical skills through:
- ABLE/TABE/GED preparation;
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug awareness, education and treatment referrals;
- Assistance with accessing job training;
- College admission and financial aid;
- Financial literacy classes;
- Job seeking and interviewing skills;
- Mentoring and conflict resolution; and
- Supportive modeling and coaching of effective parenting skills.
For more information about these programs, please contact 614-227-9694 or e-mail email@example.com.